Illustrated by artist Kody Haskins.
Izara is one of the main protagonists in the Tompkin’s School Trilogy. After her twin brother, Kain’s disagreement with their father, Varin Torvik, they’re shipped them off to the Tompkin’s School boarding academy located in the middle of the Arbuckle Mountains to complete their high school education.
While trying to adapt to her new life, Izara’s sixteenth birthday falls on a full moon which triggers her transition into a shapeshifter with powers far beyond her wildest imagination.
- Tompkin’s School: For The Extraordinarily Talented
- Tompkin’s School: For The Dearly Departed
- Tompkin’s School: For The Resurrected
The heat rushed to my hands, spiraling into fireballs.
Choyce grabbed my arm. “Izzy, cut it out. Someone will see you.”
I gritted my teeth, but complied, clasping my hands closed.Tompkin’s School: For The Resurrected
“Tompkin’s School was one of those books which you can’t stop reading once you pick it up.”
★★★★★ – Amazon Customer Review
Full name: Izara Torvik
Nickname(s): Izzy, or ‘Iz’
Species: Superhuman Offspring
Shifter eye color: Red eyes
- Time Travel
- New York (Former)
- Davis, Oklahoma
- High-school student
- Drama club member
- Varin Torvik (Father)
- Lenora Torvik (Mother, deceased)
- Kain Torvik (Twin brother)
A supernatural world of adventure awaits.
Izara was born to Varin and Lenora Torvik who were both alumni of the academy’s nightwalkers, a secret organization formed by the Tompkin family to hunt those with supernatural abilities.
As Kain and Izara near their sixteenth birthday and start to show signs of aggression, their father ships them off to the school. Izara and Kain have no idea about the school’s ulterior motives, that they have powers, or that their parents even met at Tompkin’s School.
The twins share supernatural abilities inherited from birth due to a spell cast to prolong Credan’s life, an ancient shifter born to a forbidden union between a shifter of the light and a shifter of the dark. Credan cast this spell to ensure the demise of the Assembly’s rule over the Transitioned World. These powers are connected to Credan and allow the twins to be influenced by him.
Each full moon, Izara transitions into a black-winged demon in the image of Credan with powers controlled by him to ensure his return. But she also inherits powers Credan did not foresee. Because of how her body reacted to the spell, she also inherited the Time Traveler gene, a species that once ruled over the Transitioned World that the Assembly overthrew and eradicated.
- Pyrokinesis: The ability to create, shape, and manipulate fire. It mainly takes the shape of spheres appearing in either of her palms that she can throw and use as weapons.
- This ability can be overpowered by water and ice.
- Mind walking: Being able to enter someone else’s mind and experience memories, thoughts, and feelings of that person.
- It can only be experienced in a dream state in combination with retrocognition or precognition abilities.
- Matter Manipulation: User can move things with their mind.
- Limited to when the user is in their transitioned form.
- Chronoprohiberis: Ability to stop time.
- An extension of her time traveler ability.
- Limited to things within the user’s proximity to the item being frozen.
- Retrocognition: The power to see events of the past
- This is the exact opposite of Choyce’s ability to see the future.
- Time Traveler: An extinct species of magic that used to rule the Transitioned World.
Powers shared between the human offspring: In their shifter and untied from the full moon forms, the offspring can feel the heartbeats of each other, communicate telepathically to one another, along with elemental teeth, wing manifestation, opti-chromakinesis (eye color changes), chelokinesis (claws), and unfettered body (as long as they transform on the full moon or drink blood).